Following the purchase and initial restoration of the NFRW headquarters in the late 1980s/early 1990s, the NFRW established the Marion Martin Building Fund to help care for the historic structure, which was built in 1829. Contributions help with ongoing maintenance of the interior and exterior of the building, as well as necessary renovations and updates to the structure.
State federations, local clubs and members are encouraged to donate to the Marion Martin Building Fund. Club Achievement Award points are available to clubs that donate annually.
Contribute online [credit card only]
Contribute by mail or fax [PDF, 1 page]
2008 Exterior Renovation
In 2008, the structure underwent an award-winning, historically-accurate exterior update, including new windows, window frames, shutters, hardware and paint. The project had to meet the approval of the City of Alexandria, which maintains strict standards in an effort to preserve the historic nature of the Old Town district. The approval process took several years.
Burch Builders Group of Warrenton, Va., received the
Contractor of the Year award from the National Association of
the Remodeling Industry for the exterior project.
Before-and-after pictures of the 2008 exterior renovation [PDF, 2 pages]
Photographs of the 2008 Exterior Renovation. Click on the thumbnails below to view full-size images of the exterior renovation.