Keeping the 'Memorial' in Memorial Day by Honoring Our Fallen Heroes
By the NFRW Armed Services Committee
The NFRW Armed Services Committee encourages us to remember those who paid the ultimate price to protect our freedoms by observing Memorial Day on May 25. Here are suggestions for honoring our fallen heroes:
- Wear a memorial button or red poppy.
- Pause at 3PM during the "National Moment of Remembrance."
- Display the American flag. Fly it at half-staff until noon.
- If you are able, visit a national cemetery or memorial, or attend a parade or a religious service.
- Consider supporting the surviving families of our fallen dead.
- 30 -
Image: © Dreamstime.com