FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: August 8, 2017
ALEXANDRIA, Va. - “President Trump is making America great again by creating good-paying jobs that allow U.S. citizens to take pride in what they do and work toward financial independence,” National Federation of Republican Women President Carrie Almond said today.
Job numbers released Aug. 4 show the president’s agenda is strengthening the economy and creating good-paying jobs for all Americans.
“Americans want to pay their own way and take care of their own families,” Almond said. “That is the economic bedrock on which this nation is built. The latest jobs report shows that U.S. citizens are again able to go back to work and seize control of their financial independence.”
“Republicans believe in offering a hand up, not a hand out, and President Trump is doing just that,” Almond continued. “Since he took office, more than a million private sector jobs have been added, and the unemployment rate is at a 16-year low while consumer confidence is at a 16-year high. Americans are back to work, and those who had previously given up are motivated to look for work.”
The latest U.S. Jobs Report shows President Trump’s agenda is strengthening our economy and creating good-paying jobs for all Americans:
- 209,000 new jobs were added in July, with over 1 million new jobs since President Trump took office in January.
- The unemployment rate is at a 16-year low while consumer confidence is at a 16-year high.
- Labor force participation ticked up to 62.9%, with a larger boost (0.3%) among women, which means a greater share of Americans joining the workforce.
- More is being ‘Made in America,’ with the manufacturing sector adding 16,000 jobs in July.
- Already, the President has:
- Slashed job-killing regulations across industries, unleashing American businesses.
- Approved the Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines, job-creating projects that had been held up by the previous Administration for political reasons.
- And started reviewing and re-negotiating unfair trade deals that have been sending American jobs overseas.
Founded in 1938, the National Federation of Republican Women is the largest and most influential Republican women’s group in the nation, proudly representing the party that first made it possible for women to vote in the U.S. The NFRW works to increase the effectiveness and relevance of women in the cause of good government. Our mission remains to recruit and elect Republican candidates, promote the principles of the Republican Party, educate the public and inform the media.